Rules & Regulations
The Shootout runs from 12:01 am. Friday August 25, 2023 to 10:00 pm, Saturday, September 2, 2023.
All participants agree to abide by the Rules and Regulations set by the committee. All Ontario fishing regulations apply. Boaters will abide by all Transport Canada regulations and have valid insurance.
Each contestant upon registering to compete in the Shootout agrees to hold the sponsors, organizers, and volunteers harmless from any liability of any nature and kind for any injuries and/or damages suffered during or after the period of the contest, by entrants.
4. All anglers participating in THE SOUND CHARITY SHOOTOUT must purchase and must register by 6:00 pm the day prior to be eligible to take part in the event. (See Rule11)
5. Family Ticket consists of Spouse/Common Law partner and any biological/adopted kids ages 17 and under.
6. The participant agrees that the decision of the Officials is to be final on all matters.
7. Cost of a Ticket is $25 -single and $60 –family. All remaining proceeds, after administration fees and prizes will be donated to the foundations chosen by the committee.
8. The object of the Shootout is each day over the nine days, the angler who weighs the heaviest salmon or trout will win $1000. Tie breaker will go to the angler who weighs there catch first.
9. Participants must angle only in the waters of Georgian Bay stretching from the downstream side of 10th Street bridge on the Sydenham River and the walking bridge on the Pottawatomi River at Kelso Beach, the Sykes S. bridge on the Big Head river, the mouths of Beaver River, Indian Brook, Indian River, Bothwell’s Creek and inside the boundary extending to a point 80.38W 44.67N directly north of Delphi Point, then to the point at Cabot Head Provincial Nature Reserve. Fish caught only after legal Shootout registration, and caught within the boundaries per rule 9 may be entered. (see Rule1.)
10. ll Anglers in the boat must be registered in THE SOUND CHARITY SHOOTOUT.
11. Weight station hours will be 10:00am to Noon and 8:00pm to 10:00pm – at Kelso Beach- north end parking beside the soccer field 100 19th Street West
12. The catch which includes Salmon or Trout (Lake Trout, Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout) will be allowed to be entered. Minimum weight of 10 pounds.
13. Your catch will be allowed to be entered into/from other derby events. THE SOUND CHARITY SHOOTOUT weigh scale will be the official weigh scale for the event.
The Sound Charity Shootout