Rules and Regulations
- The Shootout runs from 12:01 am. Friday August 26, 2022 to 10:00 pm, Saturday, September 3, 2022.
- All participants agree to abide by the Rules and Regulations set by the committee. All Ontario fishing regulations apply. Boaters will abide by all Transport Canada regulations and have valid insurance.
- Each contestant upon registering to compete in the Shootout agrees to hold the sponsors, organizers, and volunteers harmless from any liability of any nature and kind for any injuries and/or damages suffered during or after the period of the contest, by entrants.
- All anglers participating in THE SOUND CHAIRTY SHOOTOUT must purchase and must register by 6:00 pm the day prior to be eligible to take part in the event. (See Rule11)
- Family Ticket consists of Spouse/Common Law partner and any biological/adopted kids ages 17 and under.
- The participant agrees that the decision of the Officials is to be final on all matters.
- Cost of a Ticket is $25 -single and $60 –family. All remaining proceeds, after administration fees and prizes will be donated to the foundations chosen by the committee.
- The object of the Shootout is each day over the nine days, the angler who weighs the heaviest salmon or trout will win $1000. Tie breaker will go to the angler who weighs there catch first.
Participants must angle only in the waters of Georgian Bay stretching from the downstream side of 10th Street bridge on the Sydenham River and the walking bridge on the Pottawatomi River at Kelso Beach, the Sykes S. bridge on the Big Head river, the mouths of Beaver River, Indian Brook, Indian River, Bothwell’s Creek and inside the boundary extending to a point 10mi (16km) directly north of Delphi Point, then to the Cape Croker Lighthouse.
- Fish caught only after legal Shootout registration, and caught within the boundaries per rule 9 may be entered. (see Rule1.)
- All Anglers in the boat must be registered in THE SOUND CHAIRTY SHOOTOUT.
Weighing a Fish
- Weight station hours will be 10:00am to Noon and 8:00pm to 10:00pm at Georgian Shores Marina.
- The catch which includes Salmon or Trout (Lake Trout, Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout) will be allowed to be entered. Minimum weight of 10 pounds.
- Your catch will be allowed to be entered into/from other derby events. THE SOUND CHARITY SHOOTOUT weigh scale will be the official weigh scale for the event.
- Prizes will be determined by committee and will depend on the number or participating anglers and sponsor donations. Committee has the right to alter/change prize structure at any time.